General Crew Member
General Crew Member
The General Crew Member is one of our most important positions at Coastal Road Repair and one we spend the most time developing. You’ll receive training on all aspects of the work we do and you’ll become a valued and vital part of our team. We provide you the opportunity to gain hands-on experience and work with any of our crews (milling, earthworks, structures, etc.)
Many of our current employees started out as General Crew Members and have developed the skills to become skid steer operators, milling machine operators, and Team Leaders.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone looking to grow with a company, gain new skills, and increase their earning power.
Work Experience: No experience required, learn on the job. We provide the training.
Schedule: 40 -55 hours per week. Must have a flexible schedule and be able to work days, nights and/or weekends at various local job sites.
Requirements + Desired Job Skills:
- Team oriented
- Safety-first attitude
- Attention to detail
- Perform required pre-trip inspections for vehicles/equipment
- Perform all duties as assigned
- Must be insurable to qualify for
- We prefer a valid driver’s license with a good driving record but can work with the right candidates
- Must be insurable to count as a valid driver’s license
- Without Driver’s License: $21.00
- With Driver’s License: $23.00
Benefits (employees eligible after 30 days of employment):
- Simple IRA (3% matching contribution by CRR)
- Health insurance (50% covered by CRR)
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 3 paid days off
Bonuses and Perks:
- 10% Performance Bonus paid twice per year (based on working safe, being on time, maintaining vehicles/equipment, completing paperwork)
- 1% – 10% Years Of Service Bonus paid at the end of the construction season (1% for every year working with CRR. Been with us 1 year – 1% bonus, 10 years – 10% bonus)
- Night Shift Upgrade (make an extra $7 per hour if you work between 8pm and 4am)
- Travel Pay Upgrade ($30 per diem if you travel outside of CRR service area, and have to stay overnight)
- Single Hotel Room (for overnight travel, on projects longer than 5 consecutive shifts, and when rooms are available)
Let’s get to work! Call or text us to schedule an interview at (207) 310-8732.